Serves 16 portions
750g dark chocolate
1100g caster sugar
300g plain flour
100g cocoa powder
200g mashed sweet potato
1. Heat oven to 165’C. Line and grease a gastro tray.
2. Over a bain marie, melt together the butter and dark chocolate, until completely smooth.
3. Cream together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, sabayon consistency.
4. Mix the mashed sweet potato into the egg and sugar mix until fully incorporated.
5. Pour in the melted butter and chocolate mixture into the sweet potato, egg and sugar mix one bit at a time.
6. Once you have a smooth glossy texture, mix in the sieved flour and cocoa powder, ensuring there’s no lumps.
7. Transfer the mixture into the gastro tray evenly. Bake for 35 minutes at 165’C. Leave to cool for 10-15 minutes. The brownie will be slightly soft in the middle, but this is the perfect consistency once cooled.
8. Cut into portions and if you wish, top with butter icing and chocolate shards.