– 500g peeled sweet potatoes, cooked whole and skin removed
– 12 Medjool dates, stones removed
– 6 tbsp of pure maple syrup
– 100g ground almonds
– 2 tbsp of coconut oil
– Pinch of salt
– 100g oats
– 6 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- Place the flesh of the sweet potato and dates into a food processor, pulse coarsely.
- Combine the potato mix with the maple syrup, ground almonds, coconut oil, salt, oats and cocoa powder.
- Line a baking tray, pour in the mixture ensuring that the mix is evenly distributed and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180’C for 40 minutes. Leave to cool.
- For the icing, in a small pan, melt the coconut oil, butter, maple syrup and cocoa powder, mix well then pour over the chilled brownie. Leave to chill.