6 whole eggs
600g Tipo 00 flour
15g finely sliced garlic
20g finely diced red chilli
15g finely chiffonade parsley
20ml lemon juice
200ml white wine
100ml olive oil
Salt and pepper, to season
1. Place the ingredients into a food mixer with the dough hook attachment. Mix together until it just begins to form.
2. Tip out onto a surface and continue to knead by hand for roughly 5 minutes, until it forms a smooth dough.
3. The dough should be fairly dry and firm. Wrap in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Once rested, cut dough in half and begin to roll out using a pasta roller. Start at setting 10 and gradually working your way down to setting 0. Lightly dust with flour in between rolls.
1. Place a pan of boiling water on the stove. Take your fresh pasta sheet and either cut into 1cm horizontal strips, or place through a tagliatelle pasta cutter attachment on your machine.
2. Place into a deep set frying pan your olive oil, chilli and garlic and begin to lightly fry for about 2 minutes.
3. Then turn up the heat, add in your clams, lemon juice, white wine, salt and pepper and toss together. Then place a lid on top.
4. In the mean time, place your fresh pasta into the boiling water – this should only take roughly 40 seconds to cook.
5. Drain the cooked pasta, reserving a little of the cooking water.
6. Lift the lid off the clams after 4/5 minutes and if they have opened, pour the cooked pasta on top.
7. Toss the pasta and clam mixture together over a medium heat until it has emulsified a little and the pasta begins to gloss. Finish with the fresh parsley and serve.