24 x 8.5cm tartlet cases
455g butter, room temp
110g caster sugar
Half teaspoon vanilla extract
455g plain flour
4 dessert spoons milk
1. Fill the tart cases with a heaped teaspoon of mincemeat.
2. To make the Viennese, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla essence until pale in colour, light and fluffy.
3. Gently mix in the flour until fully combined, then add the milk.
4. Pipe a ring of Viennese on top of the mincemeat tarts, leaving a slight hole in the middle.
5. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
6. Steam the milk until it reaches 56-60 degrees celsius and is silky smooth in texture.
7. Bake at 165 degrees celcius for 25-30 minutes, until the topping is golden brown.
8. Allow to cool slightly, before dusting with icing sugar.