Makes: 8 large doughnuts
- 1 1/4 tsp dried yeast
- 225ml warm milk
- 50g caster sugar
- 450g strong white bread flour
- 1 large egg
- 2tsp vanilla essence
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1/2tsp salt
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 500g icing sugar
- 60ml water
- 1tsp vanilla essence
Biscoff cheesecake filling ingredients:
- 400g Biscoff spread
- 400g cream cheese
- 16 Lotus Biscoff biscuits
- To activate the yeast, whisk together the dried yeast and warm milk. Combine with butter and caster sugar before placing to one side.
- Mix the flour, salt, vanilla essence and egg together in a mixing bowl using a dough hook.
- Once the yeast mixture has activated, pour this into the flour mix and continue to mix these together until a soft dough is formed.
- Place the mixture onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes. Place the dough into a lightly floured bowl, cover and allow the mixture to double in size.
- Knock back the dough and separate this into doughnut-shaped balls, approximately 20g each. Knead each ball again until smooth and round.
- Place each ball onto a lined baking tray, leaving plenty of room around each ball for it to prove. Cover loosely with cling film and leave somewhere warm for the dough balls to prove again until double in size.
- Heat a deep fat fryer to 190’C and carefully place each doughnut ball into the fryer, one by one and fry until golden brown, turning each doughnut halfway through.
- Remove the doughnuts from the oil, shake off any excess before placing each doughnut on to a wire rack.
- Mix the icing sugar and water together to create a glaze and pour this over each warm doughnut. Leave doughnuts to cool.
Biscoff cheesecake filling method:
- To make the Biscoff cheesecake filling, place cream cheese and 300g Biscoff spread into a mixing bowl and beat until combined. Once smooth, place this cheescake mixture into a piping bag.
- Place the remaining 100g Biscoff spread into a bowl and place in the microwave for 30 seconds, until it becomes a pouring consistency.
- Slice open the doughnut (only three quarters of the way through) and fill with a generous amount of the cheesecake mix and drizzle the melted Biscoff.
- Crumble 1 Lotus Biscoff biscuit over each doughnut and place a hole biscuit into the side (if you wish).