2 overripe bananas
200ml pasteurised egg whites
300g caster sugar
2ltrs double cream
Chocolate coating ingredients:
1kg dark chocolate
150ml vegetable oil
15cm wooden skewers
- Roast the bananas whole for 20 minutes at 180’C and blitz with the skin on to form a puree.
- Semi whip the double cream in a separate bowl.
- Whip egg whites until light and fluffy, then gradually add the sugar until well incorporated.
- Fold the cream into the banana puree gently and then add the egg whites, while still maintaining the air.
- Roll between cling film to form cylinder shapes, the width of a two pound coin. Place in the freezer for one hour.
- Cut each parfait into 8cm length cylinder shapes; each one should be just firm enough to insert the skewer. Freeze overnight until solid.
- The following day, melt the chocolate with the oil until it reaches 35’C.
- Remove the cling film from the parfaits and dip each parfait into the chocolate. If you prefer to drizzle the chocolate over, this works too. Top with sprinkled dried banana for extra crunch.