2 heads cauliflower
100g flaked almond
50g super seed dukka spice
Salt and pepper, to season
Splash white wine vinegar
Splash rapeseed/olive oil
1. Start by washing the cauliflowers. Place one whole head cauliflower in oven, dress with oil and season. Roast until leaves are crispy and cauliflower golden.
2. Toast flaked almond for 3-4 minutes until golden.
3. Once cauliflower is roasted, take leaves off stem making sure they are intact, and set aside.
4. Blanch cauliflower stems in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Refresh in iced water. Slice down into bite-sized pieces on the angle.
5. Finely shred cauliflower leaves.
6. Slice through the middle of one cauliflower, so that you create a steak. You should get two decent sized steaks from one cauliflower. Blanch steaks in salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Refresh in iced water.
7. Caramelise steaks in a pan on both sides and season well. Cut in half, allowing to cool.
8. In a food processor, blitz remaining cauliflower, including the wastage from the one you cut the steaks from, into ‘couscous’. Alternatively this can be grated or finely chopped with a knife.
9. Once the roasted cauliflower is cold, roughly chop it all up – leaf, stem and floret. Combined the blanched stem, leaf, cauliflower couscous, roasted cauliflower and super seed dukka in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper and vinegar.
10. Serve as you wish and top with flaked almonds for added crunch!