1250g minced lean lamb
3 small onion, finely grated
3 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
30g fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
30g mint leaves, chopped
30g coriander leaves, chopped
250g tinned chickpeas, finely chopped
50g grated carrot
2 tbsp ground cumin
2 tbsp ground coriander
6 garlic cloves crushed
10 tsp melted clarified butter
Squeeze of lemon juice
- Mix together the minced lamb, onion, chilli, ginger, herbs, ground spices, garlic, carrot, chickpeas and a large pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Divide the mixture into 20 portions and roll each one into a long sausage shape.
- Thread each kofta on to a metal or bamboo skewer. Cover and keep in the fridge until you are ready to cook them.
- To cook the koftas, heat a griddle pan over a medium heat. Lightly brush the koftas with the clarified butter and cook them for three to four minutes on each side or until 75’C in the centre.
- Remove from the pan and set aside to rest for 10 minutes.