Makes: 1 cake
200ml soy milk
200g rapeseed oil
50g cocoa powder
75g ground almond
150g self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
225g caster sugar
1tsp ground espresso powder
500g chopped dark chocolate (vegan)
350ml soy milk
1tbsp dried rose petals
2tbsp chopped green pistachios
1. Combine all ingredients for the sponge in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly until smooth.
2. Transfer to two oiled 20cm cake tins (there should be approximately 450g cake batter per tin).
2. Bake at 160’C for 15-20 mins or until a knife comes out clean. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
3. For the ganache, bring the milk to the boil. Add in the chopped chocolate and combine until smooth. Leave to cool at room temperature.
4. Once both sponges are cool, spread the ganache thickly over the top of both sponges.
5. Place one sponge on top of the other and sprinkle the chopped pistachios and rose petals over the top. Allow to set in the fridge for at least an hour before you portion it.