Makes: 1 cake
225g plain flour
1 ½ tsp bicarb of soda
½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp espresso powder
75g cocoa powder
300g dark brown sugar
375ml boiling water
100ml coconut oil
1 ½ tsp white wine vinegar
50g dark brown sugar
1 ½ tsp espresso
1 ½ tsp cocoa powder
150g dark chocolate
Dried rose petals
Handful pistachios, roughly chopped
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160’C.
2. Line a cake tin.
3. For the icing, chop the dark chocolate and set aside.
4. Next add all the other icing ingredients to a pan and melt together.
5. Then add the dark chocolate and mix well. Leave, stirring occasionally to thicken slightly.
6. Combine all ingredients for the cake in a bowl and mix till smooth.
7. Tip into the lined cake tin and bake for 30-35 minutes.
8. Once icing has thickened enough to hold itself on top of the cake and the cake has cooled, ice it by spreading it with a spatula.
10. Sprinkle with the rose petals and the pistachio nuts.
11. Chill for at least an hour and enjoy!