- 137ml milk
- 137ml water
- 1 egg
- 7g dried yeast (fresh also works)
- 1/2tsp caster sugar
- 1tsp salt
- 100g strong wholemeal flour
- 125g self raising flour
Italian elderflower meringue ingredients:
- 100g caster sugar
- 255ml water
- 50ml egg white
- Splash elderflower cordial
Wild strawberry jam ingredients:
- 1 cup wild strawberries
- 4 cups garden strawberries
- 1tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 13 tbsp sugar
- Spray ring moulds with oil.
- Place all ingredients into mixing bowl, use paddle setting and mix for 3 minutes.
- Place mixture into piping bag.
- Place tray lined with greaseproof paper onto scales and measure out ring mould with 50gs of the mixture.
- Cling film the tray and allow mixture to rise (approx.30-40 minutes). The mixture should rise to the top of the mould.
- Steam for 10 minutes.
- Take out moulds, dry the crum-nuts out to get rid of moisture (approx.10 minutes).
- Place in deep fat fryer for 30 seconds on each side until golden brown.
Wild strawberry jam method:
- To make the jam, place all strawberries in a large pan, cover with the sugar and set aside for 5 hours.
- Slowly bring to the boil and boil for 32 minutes, stirring occasionally until the jam is thick.
- Whilst the jam is boiling, remove pink foam.
- Add lemon juice to the jam and let it boil for another minute. Then leave to cool.
Italian elderflower meringue method:
1. Whisk egg whites in a mixer slowly until they start to foam.
2. Mix sugar and water together and place on stove until it reaches 121 degrees.
3. Take the sugar and water mix off the heat and add elderflower.
4. Place mixer onto full speed and slowly add syrup until it forms a stiff peak.
Filling the doughnuts:
1. Coat the crum-nut in lavender sugar.
2. Stick two adjacent holes through the crum-nut.
3. Pipe the clotted cream into one hole and the wild strawberry jam into the other.
4. Pipe the meringue on top of the crum-nut and finish off with a blow torch (until dark lines appear).