Yeasted cauliflower puree, cauliflower couscous, harissa roasted florets, crispy cauliflower leaves and chimichurri
Half a cauliflower florets
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
Cauliflower puree ingredients:
1/2 tsp nutritional yeast
1/2 cup olive oil
2tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1tbsp finely chopped chilli
3/4tsp dried oregano
1tsp coarse salt
Cauliflower couscous ingredients:
1/2 cauliflower florets
Handful chopped chives
30ml olive oil
1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- Start by removing all the trimmings and from the cauliflower and set aside. Take off the cauliflower florets and place in a separate bowl.
- Heat the oven to 200’C. Add the cauliflower florets to a bowl with the garlic, harissa, a generous drizzle of olive oil and pinch of salt. Mix together, then place on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until caramelised. Set aside.
- Heat a pan with a drizzle of oil and add all the cauliflower trimmings, along with the nutritional yeast. Once the cauliflower is cooked, take off the heat and allow to cool, before blending to a smooth puree. Season to taste.
- To make the chimichurri, add all the ingredients to a bowl and combine well.
- To make the cous cous, blend the cauliflower into couscous-like consistency. Add to a pan and cook gently with a very small amount of water, for around 5 minutes. Take off the heat and dress with lemon, olive oil, chives and a pinch of sea salt.
- To serve, place the cauliflower puree on the bottom of the plate – you can use the back of a spoon to spread this. Next, place the cauliflower cous cous on the plate and top with the roasted cauliflower florets. Finish by drizzling the chimichurri on top and enjoy!